In fact, the use of bamboo as a flooring material is nothing new. It is understood that bamboo flooring has appeared in the 1980s, and the production technology has already matured, and a large number of them have been exported to foreign countries. However, in the domestic market, people‘s recognition of bamboo flooring The awareness is relatively low, and the market share is relatively small. The reason is that in the beginning, the brand of bamboo flooring focused on the international market and did not pay much attention to the domestic market. As a result, bamboo flooring is not well known in China. There are more and more types of bamboo floors on the market, and there are more and more choices. Everyone must be very familiar with them. Then, when decorating, they will encounter various materials and emit some unpleasant odors. Among them, the content of formaldehyde is very high, so is there any formaldehyde for bamboo floors? In fact, you only need to understand clearly when buying things, and there are not so many troubles. Today, I will introduce to you how the formaldehyde content of bamboo flooring is, and what are the advantages and disadvantages of bamboo flooring?
Is bamboo floor high in formaldehyde?
1. The material used for the bamboo floor is good. The basic raw material of bamboo floor is 4-6 year old adult bamboo, which is more environmentally friendly. Bamboo floors are more stable. In the production of bamboo flooring, the moisture content is strictly controlled to reduce the cracking and deformation rate of bamboo flooring.
2. What is formaldehyde? Formaldehyde is a chemical substance with strong irritation. In the production process of bamboo flooring, formaldehyde is one of the indispensable components in floor adhesives. Therefore, most of the bamboo flooring in the market contains formaldehyde. In the production process of bamboo flooring, due to the strict procedures, the formaldehyde emission of bamboo flooring is extremely weak, and it is one of the flooring products with less formaldehyde emission in the floor. Therefore, it can be said to be environmentally friendly.
3. The formaldehyde emission of bamboo floor can reach E0 level, while the environmental protection index of good solid wood floor is still between E1-E2. On the other hand, the sustainable development strategy of “replacing wood with bamboo” has been continuously realized in the prosperity of bamboo flooring. Therefore, bamboo flooring is a true portrayal of environmental protection and health.
How to judge the quality of bamboo flooring?
1. The choice of glue: the glue for the floor is mainly divided into two types, triamine resin glue and formaldehyde glue. Formaldehyde glue is only 3.3 yuan per square meter, but formaldehyde glue is harmful to the human body and the environment, so we choose imported Finnish Tyre glue (in Europe and the United States and other countries, Tyre glue is widely used in babies, children and tableware, etc. The product has always been known for its environmental protection.), the formaldehyde emission of Taier adhesive is less than 0.1PPM, which has reached the E0 level standard.
2. Selection of bamboo pieces: Just like a piece of bamboo, the two sides of better quality are planed, leaving only a nail-sized opening at the mouth of the bamboo joint. According to the usual practice, the thickness of planing is about 5.5 cm, but in order to save the cost of bamboo chips, some manufacturers plan to 6.3 cm to leave a cavity, which seriously affects the quality of the product.
3. Treatment of bamboo chips: Through the high-tech physical treatment of bamboo fiber cells, the environment for insect and mildew breeding is removed from the root, which solves the problem of insects and mildew in bamboo, and prolongs the service life of bamboo. Outdoor bamboo material does not contain chemical substances and will not cause pollution to humans, animals and the environment.
Post time: Nov-28-2022